Our name Laver Au Naturel means to bathe or cleanse naturally. We chose this name because our hand crafted products are specially formulated using naturally derived ingredients that cleanse your body and soul. We deliver the very best in bath and body products while using only safe and eco friendly ingredients.
We believe in transparency and knowledge for our consumers. We took and stand by the Truth in Labeling plegde and will ensure labeling in accurate so consumers can make a conscience decision when buying our products.
We do our absolute best to use 100% natural ingredients in our products, however in some instances where it is not possile, we may be required to use an ingredient that is naturally derived, however a chemical is created in the distillation process. In this event it this will be indicated on the product labeling and ingredient information. The reality is that even distilling aromatic plants to produce essential oils sometimes results in the creation of chemicals that didn’t exist in the raw material, but which are created by the actual distillation process alone. Please read below for additional details on what is considered natural.
What exactly is Considered Natural?
Natural Ingredients include plant, animal, mineral or microbial ingredients…
- present in or produced by nature.
- produced using minimal physical processing.*
- directly extracted using simple methods, simple chemical reactions or resulting from naturally occurring biological processes.*
Natural ingredients are…
- grown, harvested, raised and processed in an ecological manner.
- not produced synthetically.
- free of all petrochemicals.
- not extracted or processed using petrochemicals.
- not extracted or processed using anything other than natural ingredients as solvents.
- not exposed to irradiation.
- not genetically engineered & do not contain GMOs (genetically modified organisms).
Natural ingredients do…
- not contain synthetic ingredients.**
- not contain artificial ingredients including colors or flavoring.
- not contain synthetic chemical preservatives.
The “Encyclopedia of Common Natural Ingredients” says a natural product is defined as a “product that is derived from plant, animal or microbial sources, primarily through physical processing, sometimes facilitated by simple chemical reactions such as acidification, basification, ion exchange, hydrolysis, and salt formation as well as microbial fermentation.”
For more information read this article: http://www.naturalingredient.org/naturalingredients.htm
Our Take on Synthetic Fragrances (Not including Natural Fragrances)
Using natural products on your skin can save your life! Recent studies have linked toxic chemicals used in commercially made cosmetics and personal care items to cancer and reproductive deformities. (www.safecosmetics.org)
We also package our body butters and lip balms in PET plastic. We’ve done our research and found that Polyethylene terephthalate (PET or PETE) is NOT known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones.
We use a combination of natural preservatives to entend the shelf life of our products. Read more on natural preservatives and why they are needed.