Properly caring for your natural products will maintain and even extend its shelf life. Usage and storage of natural products is different than synthetic products and they need to be treated with a bit more care. Here are some tips for caring for a natural product:
- Store your products out of direct sunlight and heat. At Laver Au Naturel we use Amber packaging to help keep out most of the light, however storage is key for maintaining shelf life
- Store products under 30c – a nice dark cupboard is a great place. Or you can even leave your products in the fridge to extend their shelf life.
- Use a spatula & clean hands when using products to avoid contamination and always put the lid back on!
- Some products separate slightly – if this happens, simply shake or mix as this is only because we use a more natural emulsifier.
- The shelf life of each product is different – on the products with more certified organic ingredients we have chosen a 6 months shelf life from opening however this is the minimum timeframe and most of our products will last 12 – 18 months if cared for properly. We manufacture our products in small batches to help ensure their freshness and the longest possible shelf life.
If you have any questions regarding caring for your products please contact us.
Another important thing to mention is that as all of our products contain essential oils and different plant & fruit extracts, it is always recommended to do a patch test if you have allergy prone or sensitive skin.